You’re already part of the family, but have you ever considered volunteering your time to be part of the Sonshine Team? We’re looking for a number of people who want to donate their time to help spread hope to homes across Western Australia.
We need volunteers with office-based admin skills through to others who can represent Sonshine with us at churches and community events. Do you know how to create or edit audio or video? Do you have building maintenance or gardening skills? Whatever skills you have, there’s probably a place for you at Sonshine.
There are many good reasons to connect as a volunteer at Sonshine:
- play a role in a great team and meet some great people
- get involved in the workings of a media ministry
- get involved in broadcasting the great message of hope going out to our listeners
- be part of the decision-making processes that make our media ministry what it is
- gain experience in all aspects of what makes the organisation tick
- encounter many parts of the community service sector and understand more about them
- learn new skills that will prepare you for other forms of work
There are many roles to volunteer for:
- audio and video production
- program producer
- program host
- broadcast building maintenance, grounds keeping and repairs
- promotions and fundraising: events, ideas and outside broadcasts
- reception and office coordination: includes taking phone calls, meet-and-greet, administration, project work
Whether you can give just a few hours here and there or volunteer on regular days, complete our Volunteer Application Form and we’ll be in touch to discuss how you can join the team.
Our Policy and Disclaimer
Sonshine is a listener-supported community media ministry that relies on the ongoing generosity of its listeners to bring Perth positive, family focused radio alternative. It is the policy of Sonshine to encourage community participation through volunteering.
We endeavor to use volunteers in their skills and interests at Sonshine, however, the availability of positions will be dependent on ours needs and resources at the time. Thank you for completing this application form and for your interest in volunteering with us.